One of Catherine's earliest memories is helping her mother canvas their neighborhood in Indianapolis, mobilizing against attempts to segregate their very diverse neighborhood through targeted home sales ('redlining'). Growing up, she helped alongside her family as they volunteered for the League of Women Voters, worked to help establish the Charles C. Deam Wilderness, and dedicated time and energy to other causes.
As an adult, Catherine has built on that strong foundation, including serving as a board member in many local arts and social services nonprofits and on city and county commissions. She is proud to be a founding board member of Navigators of Monroe County, our local chapter of a national scouting group open to all children regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or religious status.
Monroe County Plan Review Committee, 2017 - present
Monroe County Women's Commission, 2017 - present
Navigators of Monroe County, Inc., Board of Directors and Scout Leader, 2013 - present
Highpoint Neighborhood Association, Member 2005 - 2007
- City of Bloomington Commission on Sustainability, 2005 - 2007
- Council of Neighborhood Associations, Board of Directors 2005 - 2006
- United Way Community Services of Monroe County, Inc., Board of Directors 2000 - 2003
- Old Northeast Neighborhood Association, Member 2001 - 2005
- Bloomington Restorations, Inc. Rehabilitation Award for The Showers Bridwell House, 2003
- City of Bloomington Commission on Sustainability 2005 - 2007
- City of Bloomington Historic Preservation Commission Rehabilitation Award for The Showers Bridwell House, 2003
- Buskirk-Chumley Theater Management, Inc., Board of Directors 2003 - 2006
- League of Women Voters of Minneapolis, Inc., Board of Directors 1996 - 1998
- League of Women Voters of Bloomington-Monroe County, Inc., Board of Directors 1991 - 1994